Passionate web developer wants to create interesting, user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing web sites and applications. I enjoy mentoring others to work smart and get stuff done.
I am an experienced developer and leader from the small endeavor to the complex project. I understand what it means to gather user requirements, come up with an implementation strategy, and follow it through. I value honest communication with customers. I believe in setting realistic expectations, but I thoroughly enjoy exceeding those expectations as often as possible. I like the smiles that result when an application makes someone’s job easier or a customer’s experience with a company more enjoyable. I appreciate websites that present appropriate, brand-related messages and tools to their audiences.
- Works well with the reality of rapid paces, stringent deadlines, and large volumes of work.
- Experience designing, developing, supporting, and maintaining quality web and mobile sites and applications.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new and different technologies.
- Proficient in implementation and support of Microsoft, MySQL, and Oracle database solutions.
- Able to identify and analyze business and user requirements, create a project plan, and manage to completion.
- Appreciative of best practices, software development life cycle methodologies, change management practices, and even documentation.
Owner & Developer; Idestini Dev Studio – Bryant, AR; Jan 2014 – present
Developer; IdeaLoop – Remote; Mar 2012 – Jan 2014
Technology Director; Rockfish – Little Rock, AR; Jul 2011 – Feb 2012
Senior Developer, Team Lead; Rockfish – Little Rock, AR Jul 2010 – Jul 2011
Software Developer; Arkansas Information Consortium (part of NIC, USA) – Little Rock, AR; Feb 2010 – Jul 2010
Web / Curriculum Developer and IT Specialist; Southwest Power Pool – Little Rock, AR; Jun 2005 – Mar 2010
User Support Specialist; Arkansas State Crime Laboratory – Little Rock, AR; 2004 – Jun 2005
Document Examiner; Department of Human Services – Arkadelphia, AR; 2003
Database Administrator, Web Developer, and Sales Support; Wireless Technologies – Cherry Hill, NJ; 2000 – 2002
Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems; John Brown University class of 2006, Siloam Springs, AR
Certificate in Computer Programming with Web Design; Cittone Institute class of 2002, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Certifications & Awards:
Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
Microsoft Certified Application Developer
Microsoft Office Specialist
2008 Southwest Power Pool President’s Award
August 2008 Southwest Power Pool ELITE Award
Personal Interests & Hobbies:
To name a few: reading; Dave Ramsey; video games; movies; live team trivia at Zack’s Place; when it’s not 100 degrees, hiking in the Arkansas outdoors with my husband, Mike; raising my kids; advertising; American history; current events; the internet; web and mobile design and development.